P.S. God uses your prayers and gifts to change countless lives with the hope of Jesus Christ, and this ministry would not be possible without friends like you. Thank you for your “partnership in the Gospel”.
Prayer for America
2019 National Day of Prayer for America
John 13:34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
The National Day of Prayer mobilizes unified public prayer for America. Let’s keep our eyes on this vision across America. Let’s find ways to pray for America on Thursday, May 2. Thousands upon thousands of gatherings, in all kinds of settings will mobilize millions of Americans to pray for our nation.
Fulfill the Multi-Vision Movement of the National Day of Prayer Let’s remember the National Day of Prayer is a multi-generational, multi-ethnic, multi-church, multi-denomination and multi-lingual movement of prayer. Each gathering will be different, but each gathering can involve people from all generations and ethnicities.
Pastor and Churches Lead the Way on May 2nd This is a fantastic way to give a positive witness about the gospel as well as recognize the Kingdom of God is much greater than your own church or denomination. Churches are the footprint of God across this nation, plus what God has created, He wants to use for His glory.
Surely, this is a day, that we can work together with others who believe the Bible and believe that Christ is the ultimate answer for our nation today. Through prayer, churches can unite to pray for our nation.
Mobilize to be Unified. Mobilize in Prayer. Mobilize for America to LOVE ONE ANOTHER, as Christ loves us.
ALMIGHTY GOD, our Heavenly Father, we look to You alone for the future of America. By Your providence, You have placed each of us here at this time in history to be in this nation. Thank You for this blessing. Thank You for America.
BUT ABOVE ALL, we thank You for the gift of Your Son, Jesus Christ, the Son of the Living God. It is in His name, we come to You as we intercede in prayer for America.
FORGIVE US, OH LORD, for the sins we have committed against You in America. We are failing You by dishonoring one another through our harsh and bitter words about each other. We are failing You through broken relationships. We are failing You by devaluing human life from conception until death. We are failing You with the division in our nation.
LORD, WE TURN FROM these sinful actions and refuse to live this way. Please forgive us now and help us to choose love over hate, unity over division, and life over death.
WE CHOOSE to live by Jesus’ words: Love One Another. Therefore, upon the authority of Your Word in John 13:34, “Love one another. Just as I have loved you,” we pray for a future America that will choose to love willfully, sacrificially, and unconditionally just like Jesus loves us.
WE PRAY FOR THE CHURCH in America to love one another. Empower each church to be full of love for one another. Ignite a revival of love for one another. Since we are to be known by our love, help us to love one another.
WE PRAY FOR EVERY FAMILY, EVERY WORKPLACE, EVERY COMMUNITY, AND EVERY CITY IN AMERICA to choose love. We believe there is power in love. We believe love is the better way. We believe love is God’s Way. Oh Lord, change families, workplaces, communities, and cities through the power of love. Raise up a Love One Another movement across America.
WE PRAY FOR ALL ETHNICITIES AND PEOPLE IN AMERICA to love one another. Lord, tear down every wall of division and change any attitude that divides us today. Bind up our nation’s wounds and may the transforming love of God lead us to the day when justice will roll down like waters and righteousness like a mighty stream.
WE PRAY FOR YOUR LOVE to surround America. We pray for Your love to surround and protect us in every public setting and private place. Protect us from harm.
WE BELIEVE ALL OF THESE THINGS, OH LORD, represent our deep need for the next great move of God across America. We ask You alone for the next Great Spiritual Awakening in America. Please, oh God, wake up Your church and revive Your people today. We ask You to begin a mighty spiritual awakening in every town, every city, and every county in America.
WE NEED AND DESIRE THIS SO MUCH, THAT BEGINNING RIGHT NOW, we are choosing love and forgiveness, love and restitution, love and healing, love and unity, and a future that will be transformed by the power of unconditional love. When we belong to You, we belong to love. We choose to Love One Another!
IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST, the only Savior and Hope in this world we pray. Amen.
Dr. Ronnie Floyd, President, National Day of Prayer Task Force
Senior Pastor, Cross Church
Pray for America
Dear Friends Praying for America,
I believe America needs prayer this month. Right now, determine to be faithful to pray for our nation during February.
Please share these requests with anyone who loves America.
People are hurting in America. Let’s pray for divine intervention in the present governmental crisis in America. Are you ready to go to God in prayer? Prioritize these requests during February.
Now is the Time to Lead and to Pray for America,
Ronnie W. Floyd
1. Ask God to lead our president and members of both houses of Congress to find a way to work together and avoid another shutdown of the American government.
“And seek the peace of the city whither I have caused you to be carried away captives, and pray unto the LORD for it: for in the peace thereof shall ye have peace.” Jeremiah 29:7
- Sovereign God, please guide the heart of the president and members of both houses of Congress to come together to find a common resolution for the border crisis and funding of the United States government.
- Holy Spirit, would You build within the president and members of Congress a spirit of humility, respect for one another, a spirit of understanding, and a determination to cooperate for the common good of America.
- Our Father in Heaven, would you bring peace within the relationships among the members of Congress and the president and his entire team so they can reach a solution to this crisis by February 15.
- May each person seek the peace and prosperity of America, knowing when they do, each of them prospers.
- God our Provider, please take care of the many government workers and their families who endured a financial setback during the most recent shutdown of the government.
2. Call out to God for families, workplaces, communities, and cities in America to love one another.
“Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.” 1 John 4:7
- When we belong to Jesus, we belong to love; therefore, call upon God for families, workplaces, communities, and cities in America to know that love is always God’s way.
- Call families, workplaces, communities, and cities to look to God, who is love, so they can experience the transforming power of love.
- Ask God for America’s families, workplaces, communities, and cities to begin to choose love and forgiveness, love and restitution, love and healing, love and unity, and a future transformed by the power of unconditional love.
- Ask God to raise up a Love One Another movement across America.
3. Appeal to God to mobilize leaders of towns and cities, as well as leaders of churches, businesses, schools, and denominations to have a prayer observance for America on Thursday, May 2, 2019.
“And a new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.” John 13:34
- Lord, we call upon You to mobilize leaders of towns and cities, as well as leaders of churches, businesses, schools, and denominations to have a prayer observance on the National Day of Prayer and focus on the theme LOVE ONE ANOTHER.
- Oh God, we ask You to create and build a mighty force of volunteers across the country to do all they can to insure we have thousands of prayer observances across America in all kinds of settings on the National Day of Prayer.
- Holy Spirit, lead Dr. Ronnie Floyd, President of the National Day of Prayer Task Force, as well as all of the staff and volunteers to do what they can to lead this national prayer movement to pray for America.
National Day of Prayer Task Force
PO Box 64225, Colorado Springs, CO 80962, United States
a Clear Challenge for 2019
As we enter the new year, please be encouraged to consider a challenge.
I believe the pastor should lead the people of God to seek the Lord seriously. 1 Peter 4:7 says, “But the end of all things is at hand: be ye therefore sober, and watch unto prayer.”As we look at the world around us, we must resolve to take our spiritual lives and prayer life seriously.
A Clear Challenge
Begin each year with 21 consecutive days of focused prayer. We ask everyone in our congregation to participate, and even fast if you are called and able. We ask everyone to pray for their own spiritual life and development, our church, and our nation.
During the year 2019, we ask everyone to focus on specific things which involve us personally and the church as a whole:
• Your greatest personal burden (in one sentence)
• Someone who does not know Jesus Christ personally
• Elimination of personal indebtedness
• Anything on your heart about life and the future
As we go on this journey individually and as a church, pray specifically for our spiritual lives for 21 days in a row. God will take us to a new level of faith-based living as individuals and as a church.
An Attainable Goal
Making this a win for everyone helps people interact. Think about it this way: What could God do with your life if you focused on your spiritual life for 21 days in a row? What could God do with your church if your regular attenders pray specifically for your church for 21 days in a row? What could God do with our nation if we pray specifically along with thousands of other believers at other churches who are also praying? Everyone can pray. Everyone can participate.
Challenge parishioners to take their commitment to the next level by fasting from something during this time. It could be television, social media, one meal a day, or something else God has brought to their attention. The point is to use the time gained to seek the Lord.
Our ultimate challenge is this: Find the level of commitment God has called you to and go on His journey. Everyone can find some level of commitment. This is not about legalism, but about focusing on our spiritual lives, individually and corporately. The goal is for everyone to spend these 21 days taking their spiritual lives seriously enough to go on a new journey with God.
Beyond 21 Days
Beyond the 21 days of focused prayer, we are encouraging people to read the Bible over the upcoming year. Ultimately, the goal is to encourage people to read the Word of God daily. The important thing is to encourage folks from the pulpit, even read passages and explain what the Lord is saying through these passages.
Walk in Expectation
Many times, we do not walk in expectation. Journeys of faith require that we walk in expectation for what the Lord wants to do with, and through, our lives.
Expect great things in your life, the lives of your fellow congregants, and the Christian church as a whole. Look forward to seeing the Lord do some powerful things in our midst. If we expect the Lord to do great things, then we will open our eyes to see what great things the Lord does.
Pastors, live your God-given life, operate your God-given ministry, and lead your God-given church to expect great things as you seek the Lord.
Finally: Commit to leading God’s church to a new level in a strong way in 2019.
Now is the Time to Pray, Ronnie W. Floyd
National Day of Prayer Task Force, PO Box 64225, Colorado Springs, CO 80962, United States
How Important is Prayer to You?