Pray for America: UNITY
We believe in the power of praying in agreement with other believers through the power of God’s Word. Unify with other Christian followers, churches, and ministries with these three prayer priorities for America in December 2017 and throughout 2018.
Pray for unity in America for the next several months. Pray For America: UNITY is the 2018 theme for the National Day of Prayer. Whether you pray daily or weekly for our nation, please join in prayer under the authority of the Scriptures with these three priorities for America:
1. #PRAY4UNITY IN AMERICA
“Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.” Ephesians 4:3
- Father in Heaven, You are the only One who can bring unity, harmony, and oneness in America. We pray and ask You for unity in America.
- Lord, call the churches of America to live in unity within their own church and in unity with churches that are biblically-based and Christ-centered.
- Jesus, as Your church walks in unity, harmony, and oneness, may Your church personify, lead, and call America to unity.
- Lord Jesus Christ, in this crisis moment in America, it is incumbent upon each of us to come together for the sake of the gospel, the testimony of the gospel, and the advancement of the gospel globally.
- Father, while our nation is filled with many challenges and divisions, we will unite for the National Day of Prayer on Thursday, May 3, 2018, and #PRAY4UNITY in America.
- Lord, as UNITY is our theme for the 2018 National Day of Prayer, may You use those gatherings across America to call for UNITY. #PRAY4UNITY
- God, use each of us to unify our families, our churches, our workplaces, our communities, our regions, our states, and our nation.
- Lord, lead each of us to spread this theme of UNITY both nationally and globally.
- Father, lead our nation as we prepare for the National Day of Prayer in Washington, DC.
2. TRUST GOD TO LEAD AMERICA’s LEADERS THROUGH THESE TIMES OF DECISION MAKING.
“For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.” Jeremiah 29:11
- Lord, we trust You to convict our nation’s leaders of Your desire to work together in unity for the well-being of our nation.
- Sovereign Lord, we appeal to You alone to give our nation a future and a hope.
- Spirit of God, move upon our nation’s leaders to resolve these issues of national welfare:
- Tax reform
- Healthcare reform
- Immigration reform
- National security
- Religious liberty
- Sanctity and dignity of human life
- Terrorism, both nationally and globally
- Lord and Defender, we appeal to You to protect our nation’s leaders and their families, as well as, members of our national and global military, and all the first responders in our nation.
3. BELIEVE GOD FOR HIS DIVINE INTERVENTION IN OUR NATION ON THE NATIONAL DAY OF PRAYER - MAY 3, 2018.
“Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you. And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.” Jeremiah 29:12-13
- Lord, please listen to our prayers as we seek You with all of our hearts.
- Father, in these most critical moments in our generation, please call leaders of denominations, churches, government, education, business, cities, and all communities in America to create numerous gatherings that will saturate their regions in prayer for unity in America.
- Spirit of God, please extend to us God’s wisdom and power to serve Him as an American nation.
In all humility, we appeal to Americans to pray in agreement over these three priorities for America during the month of December.